When I was a little girl I would get so excited when my mom would take the extra time to make meatballs to go with our spaghetti. It seriously always was sooo much better than just the typical meat sauce. Well that’s when my love for meatballs came about. I can honestly say meatballs are on my top five list of favorite food. That is why I am constantly looking for different ways to make meatballs. At the top of my list so far are our Italian Meatballs and our Sweet n’ Sour Meatballs they are both soooo tasty.
Well I wanted to make a meatball that would remind me of stroganoff. I just think the brown gravy and meat blend together so well. I didn’t have any mushrooms on hand to make meatball stroganoff, so I decided to come up with a Swedish meatball recipe. These Swedish Meatballs turned out tasting fabulous and were perfect over eggs noodles.
This Swedish meatball recipe is a great comfort food that will be a perfect meal during the winter months. I know that I will be making these meatballs many times this year. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ onion chopped
- ¾ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 cups beef broth
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 12 oz bag of No Yolk Egg Noodles
- Cook the Noodles according to package and drain.
- In a medium sized bowl using your hands combine the ground beef, eggs, pepper, garlic, onion and bread crumbs.
- In frying pan heat the olive oil up over medium heat.
- Roll the meat mixture into 2 inch balls and place into the heated up pan.
- Let the meatballs cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. Keep turning til each meatball is cooked through completely. (Check by cutting through one of the meatballs)
- Set the meatballs aside on a plate layered with paper towels.
- In a sauce pan or saute pan melt the butter.
- Slowly whisk together the flour and the melted butter. Should be a buttery paste.
- Add in the whipping cream and 2 cups of the beef broth while continuously stirring.
- Add in the other two cups of beef broth and continuously stir while the sauce heats and thickens.
- Whisk in the sour cream and let thicken.
- Add the meatballs and mix together with the sauce.
- Serve over the noodles.
Leave a Reply