I was obsessed with orange creamsicles as a kid. I always was hoping that my mom would pick up a box from the grocery store, especially during the summer. Whenever the ice cream man made an appearance in the neighborhood I would almost always order an orange cream popsicle, well that is if I wasn’t getting one of those delicious popsicles that had the bubble gum eyes. But I guess we’ll have to make a cookie out of those popsicles another time.
Turning a popsicle into a cookie was genius. Whoever came up with that idea, bravo. I am pretty much just as obsessed with these orange cream cookies as I am the creamsicle. I had made these cookies for some neighbors, but ended up eating them all with just me and my husband. OOPS. Good thing we just started a health challenge so we can learn to control those cravings. 🙂
Next time you’re craving a cookie, try this non traditional white chocolate orange cookie. Promise you wont be disappointed. That is unless you hate orange flavor. 🙂
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp fresh orange zest (about 2 oranges worth)
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- grate the skin of 2 oranges to create 2 tbsp of orange zest.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add in the salt and baking soda and mix.
- Mix in the orange zest.
- Add the flour one cup at a time and mix all the ingredients together.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with 1 inch balls of cookie dough.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
Leave a Reply