I love cake mix cookies, and this lemon drop cookie with cake mix recipe is definitely high up on my list of favorites! Adding the powdered sugar on top of the lemon drop cake is the finishing touch to make them look absolutely irresistible.
Lemon Drop Cookies For The Holidays
With the holidays close (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, you name it!), this Cake Mix Lemon Drop Cookies recipe would be perfect to add to your Easter desserts collection. I know during the holidays there are lots of desserts that get lost in the plethora of recipes out there, but I’ve found these stand the test of time. These lemon cookies made with cake mix are chewy and delicious!
Lovely Lemon Drop Cookies With Cake Mix
If you like easy, then you will love this lemon drop cookie recipe. Mix the eggs, lemon drop cake mix, lemon juice and oil together, add some drops of dough into confectioner’s sugar and then cook for just under 10 minutes!
I love the freshness of the lemon and how it makes this lemon drop cookies recipe feel like a great refreshing treat. While these have been a favorite of mine especially during the Spring, I’ve found that they are a nice complement to the heavier chocolate or fudge cookies normally made during the cold winter months. Now I frequently have lemon cake mix cookies all year round!
Try Making This Lemon Drop Cookie Recipe Today!
- 1 18.25 oz. pkg. lemon cake mix with pudding
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, oil and lemon juice.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough, about a teaspoon size, into the confectioners’ sugar.
- Roll them around until they are covered with the sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and cook for about 6-8 minutes. (Depends on the size of the cookie) They should be light brown on the bottom and chewy in the middle.
- To make it a little easier to handle the dough, make sure your hands are covered with the powdered sugar. You can also put the dough in the fridge for several hours to make it not so sticky when handling.
- These are sooooo Yummy!!!
For another great cookie recipe for the holidays, try our Fruitcake Cookies!
Chandra Sirois says
Wow we really are on the same wavelength! I have some of these for a post too! Thanks for sharing on Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s!
Tonia L says
Love this! I wanted to let you know I am featuring it at The Gunny Sack!
Yum again! Come see our features!
Emma Deirdre says
Absolutely love the look of these….cannot wait to try them! Found your blog on Sarah Lynn’s sweets! Have been having a read through many of your posts and love your work! Look forward to following your future work!!