Peach Coffee Cake
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cube butter
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup Quaker Quick Oats
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 16 oz. can sliced peaches or 1 cup sliced fresh peaches
- ½ cup Quaker Oats (quick oats)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- To make the cake, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together and beat till fluffy.
- Add the eggs white and mix until smooth.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the sour cream and dry ingredients alternately till mixed in.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 pan.
- Dry the sliced peaches off on a paper towel and lay on top of the batter.
- Mix the streusel together and sprinkle on top of the peaches.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes. (Watch to make sure not to over cook) Wooden pick inserted should come out clean.
- Serve warm with whip cream!
YUMMY!!! This looks so good. How much is a cube of butter???
Happier Happenings says
Looks so yummy! I just started my own blog and would love anyone to stop by and check it out. Thanks! http://www.happierhappenings.blogspot.com