Broccoli Cheese Soup
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: soup
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 package Chicken Ramen Noodles with seasoning pack
- 3 cups milk
- ¾ lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 package chopped broccoli or 1-2 lbs. fresh cooked broccoli (Fresh is always best!)
- In a large pot, saute the onions in the butter till translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, bouillon cubes, garlic salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Break up the noodles and add them with the seasoning packet to the broth.
- Heat till the bouillon cubes have dissolved.
- Add the broccoli, (if using fresh broccoli, cook it before hand. I like a lot of broccoli, so I used 2 lbs.)
- Add the cubed cheese and milk. Heat till the cheese has completely melted.
- Add more salt and pepper if you like, to taste.
- Crushed Ritz Crackers are great to add on top when serving.
not a fan of Velveeta cheese at all have you used cheddar?
Sugar n' Spicegals says
I usually am not either, but it works in this recipe! You could try using the cheddar, I would just add it until you get the flavor and consistency that you want. Thanks for stopping by!
Helping Hands says
What is the purpose of the Ramen noodles?