This Orange Pumpkin Cookie recipe comes from an old neighbor of mine. The combination of pumpkin and orange makes these cookies absolutely heavenly! I can whip these cookies up in a flash and enjoy them in no time at all! These Orange Pumpkin Cookies are especially a favorite of mine in the fall time, but I can eat them all year long. This is what you get when you bring 2 amazing flavors together in one cookie. You really can’t go wrong here.
These Orange Pumpkin Cookies are especially a favorite of mine in the fall time, but I can eat them all year long. This is what you get when you bring 2 amazing flavors together in one cookie. You really can’t go wrong here.
Orange Pumpkin Cookies
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Cookie
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 can pumpkin puree (1¾ cups)
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tsp. orange juice
- ½ tsp. grated orange peel
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the sugars and butter. Mix in the egg, pumpkin, and orange juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop by spoonful on to a cookie sheet.
- (I like to use parchment paper and line my cookie sheet with it.)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool slightly and spread the glaze on top.
- Make the glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar, orange juice and orange peel.
You can control the consistency of the glaze by how much orange juice you add
Oh my! Orange and pumpkin together in a cookie sure does sound like a good combo! Thanks for sharing!
Bright and Beautiful Life says
The orange/pumpkin combination does sound heavenly. I’m making these tomorrow!!! Would you be willing to share this recipe post at our Making Monday link party? We would love it and I think our readers would, too. Thanks. Have a fabulous week. http://www.abrightandbeautifullife.com/making-monday-10/
Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
Beck Shep says
Just read your comment and we would be more than happy to swing by next week and post up on your party. We’re excited to have a new party that we can share our recipes on 🙂
Thanks for stopping by