This Orange Pumpkin Cookie recipe comes from an old neighbor of mine. The combination of pumpkin and orange makes these cookies absolutely heavenly! I can whip these cookies up in a flash and enjoy them in no time at all! These Orange Pumpkin Cookies are especially a favorite of mine in the fall time, but I can eat them all year long. This is what you get when you bring 2 amazing flavors together in one cookie. You really can’t go wrong here.
These Orange Pumpkin Cookies are especially a favorite of mine in the fall time, but I can eat them all year long. This is what you get when you bring 2 amazing flavors together in one cookie. You really can’t go wrong here.
Orange Pumpkin Cookies
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Cookie
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 can pumpkin puree (1¾ cups)
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tsp. orange juice
- ½ tsp. grated orange peel
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the sugars and butter. Mix in the egg, pumpkin, and orange juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop by spoonful on to a cookie sheet.
- (I like to use parchment paper and line my cookie sheet with it.)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool slightly and spread the glaze on top.
- Make the glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar, orange juice and orange peel.
You can control the consistency of the glaze by how much orange juice you add