Ialways know a good recipe when my son who usually doesn’t like nuts in anything, actually eats these and loves them. I was completely shocked that he even tried yet alone love them. I love the combination of chocolate and pecans and these bars certainly live up to my standard of yumminess! These chocolate chunk pecan bars are chewy and absolutely delicious! You’ll also be surprised at how easy they are to make! Yummm!
Chocolate Chunk Pecan Bars
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1½ cups. chopped pecans
- To prepare the crust, mix together the flour, butter and brown sugar until crumbly.
- Press into a greased 9x13 pan and cook in 350 degree oven for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While it is cooking, mix together the filling by whisking together the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks and pecans.
- Pour over the baked crust and return to the oven to cook for 25 more minutes or until set.
- Cool before cutting.