I grew up eating “Pigs in a blanket” in my house. My mom grew up in the south, and we would make them with sausage and biscuits. Sometimes our mini crescent dogs would consist of hot dogs wrapped in crescents.
Love Me Some Little Smokies
But when I want something for an appetizer I use “little smokies’. So needless to say I love these Little Smoky Crescents because they are just a little fancier version of my childhood pigs in a blanket.
Little Smoky Crescents – A favorite Appetizer
These make a perfect appetizer, however I found when I make these they tend to get gobbled up pretty fast. In order to keep everyone happy and make sure everyone gets their fill of these mini crescent dogs you may consider making extra.
Dip these little smokie crescent bites in a yummy dipping sauce and these will for sure be the hit at your holiday party. You can see our favorite dipping sauce in the recipe below. Enjoy these mini crescent dogs with your family, friends or anyone else you may want to impress!
Try This Little Smoky Crescent Recipe Today!
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescents
- 24 little smokies
- Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup Chili Sauce
- ¼ cup grape jelly
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly spray an aluminum foil lined cookie pan with vegetable spray.
- Cut each triangle crescent in to thirds length wise.
- Wrap the little smoky in the cut crescent.
- Place seam side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While they are cooking make the dipping sauce.
- Combine the chili sauce and grape jelly together in a small pan.
- Whisk until smooth and is heated through.
- Pour into a little bowl for dipping.
For another great sausage appetizer, try out our Sausage and Spinach Artichoke Dip!