Whenever I think of gingerbread, I think of gingerbread cookies, or the gingerbread man. I don’t think I had ever tried eating just regular old “gingerbread”. It was time I tried actually gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised at how yummy this bread turned out. I found this recipe in a taste of home magazine that I had. I found it simple to make and it cooked up nicely.
I think I will add this to my holiday recipes. I love how it smells as it cooks and when served warm with butter or cream cheese it gets me in the holiday spirit. I understand why the gingerbread man had to run for his life because the aroma of this bread cooking will make your mouth water,
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Prepare 2 loaf pans (9x5x3) by spraying with veg. oil and dusting with flour.
- In a large bowl, mix togehter the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, syrup, oil and eggs together.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan and place on wire rack.
Leave a Reply