I love this time of year when the leaves start to change, and the weather turns a little cooler from the summer heat. As much as I love barbecue season, I also love having a yummy bowl of homemade soup to warm me up.
I made this Chicken Enchilada soup for the family, and they gobbled it up in no time at all. It’s like having a chicken enchilada but the only difference is that it’s a soup.
Sometimes during the week I don’t have a lot of time to make dinner, but since I am such an early bird I can make this in the morning and have it ready to heat up and serve for dinner. I guess that is one benefit for not being able to sleep good at night, I can get a lot done before I have to go to work.
This is my sister in laws recipe and I was happy that I gave it a try.
- 1 lb. chicken cooked (or 1 package of Tyson precooked frozen diced chicken)
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed (or 1 tsp. minced garlic)
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 2 cans Enchilada Sauce
- 2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup snipped cilantro
- 2 T. lime juice
- 5 cups chicken broth
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- In a large pan, melt 2 Tbs. butter and saute the onion, pepper and garlic.
- Add the flour and stir.
- Add the chicken broth, enchilada sauce and stir.
- Add the precooked chicken and beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer to cook.
- Add the cilantro and lime juice and heat through for about 5 mins.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips.
Leave a Reply