These double chocolate PB krispy treats ended up tasting amazing. I also hate when Rice Krispy treats are to crunchy or soooooo gooey that you can’t even pick it up without having marshmallow all over your hands. Well I conquered the right consistency on these bad boys, and oh boy does it make a difference. My husband who isn’t a big Rice Krispies Treat fan was in love with this. I even sent half the pan with him to work today to share with his co workers. (Mostly because I knew I’d end up eating them for every meal)…… and that’s exactly what has happened. Oops.I think it’s obvious at this point, if you’ve read what I’ve written, that you need to try these. Seriously. GO make them now.
- 3 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 (10 oz.) bags mini marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- ½ cup Nutella
- In a large Microwave safe bowl add the butter, peanut butter, ½ cup chocolate chips, and 1 (10 oz) bag of marshmallows.
- Melt in the microwave for 1-2 mins stirring every 30 seconds. (All ingredients should be mixed together creating a gooey brown mixture)
- Add the cocoa krispies and Rice Krispies and mix in with the marshmallow mixture. (Let sit 1 min)
- Add in ½ of the other bag of marshmallows and ½ cup of chocolate chips. Mix together. (You want chocolate chip and marshmallow chunks)
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Press the Rice Krispy mixture into the pan.
- Scoop the Nutella into a small sandwich baggie. Cut the very tip of one of the corners of the bag to be able to squeeze out the Nutella.
- Squeeze the Nutella out in lines over the Rice Krispy mixture.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Cut into squares and ENJOY!