What I love so much about this recipe is that two of my absolute favorite soups have been brought together as one to make this taco chili recipe. Something that was absolutely great about this recipe was how many different types of beans you use. It calls for Re fried and black beans that you would usually eat with tacos or on a tortilla, and then the yummy kidney beans and pinto beans you always find in your typical chili recipe. All those beans brought together with the different taco and chili seasonings made this meal so flippin good. I love that I can get the best of two of my favorite soups all in little bowl.
Something else that I love about soups is putting yummy toppings on top. This recipe is super delicious all by itself, but when I added sour cream, cheese and corn chips, I was in heaven. Go ahead and give this recipe a try, I’m pretty sure you’ll be adding as one of your regular meals this fall and winter.
- 1 lb. ground beef browned
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 chopped pepper (your choice, I like red)
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can fat free refried beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 16 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can green chilies
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (not buttermilk)
- Brown the ground beef.
- Towards the end of the meat being brown add the onion and pepper and cook together for five more minutes.
- Throw all the ingredients into a crock pot, mix together and cook on low 3-4 hours.
- Add some guacamole, sour cream, cheese, corn chips or tortilla chips. You decide!
For nutrtional information and serving sizes, click on the magic button below!
Leave a Reply