Breakfast around my house is one of my favorite meal times. I love pancakes any time of day in fact. These Swedish Pancakes are great because of the ability to dress them up however you like.
I got this recipe from my sister in law who put together a cook book to sell for a fund raiser for her son’s foot ball team.
Swedish Pancakes are very similar to crepes. I like to roll these up and serve them with fruit, powdered sugar, jam or syrup.
They are also delicious when you want to fill them with scrambled eggs, sausage, etc.
These are a hit around my house and the only problem is making them fast enough to keep up with the hungry gang!
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cup flour
- 2½ cups milk
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 4 Tbs. melted butter
- 2 Tbs. Vanilla
- Jam, syrup, powdered sugar, sliced fruit, peanut butter, etc.
- Mix all the ingredients together until you have a smooth consistency.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Coat the bottom with a thin layer of butter, or spray with cooking spray.
- Pour to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until it starts to lightly brown and bubble.
- Flip over and cook until lightly brown.
- Roll and serve with your favorite topping.
Melissa Niegsch says
My Swedish great-grandma made these all the time. You almost have it right. Add some freshly ground cardamom. They are amazingly good!
Abisodun Jones says
Love these crepes like pancakes. My African mum made them for supper