Twisty Breadsticks are Fun and Yummy!
Once cooked, these twisty breadsticks turn out absolutely delicious. The kids will love the fact that they are twisted around just like a bread popsicle! It’s almost as fun to eat them as it is to enjoy their taste. These go great with any Italian dinner recipe, or any dinner dish where there is something tasty to dip them in. Fun and yummy, give this breadstick recipe a try!
For another delicious bread stick recipe, try out our Easy Garlic Breadsticks!
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: bread
- Rhodes Rolls (1 for each stick)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. dill weed
- 10 inch skewers (such as used for shishkabobs)
- Decide how many bread sticks you want to make and then choose that many Rhodes Rolls.
- Set them out on a greased baking sheet and cover with greased plastic wrap, and let rise.
- (This usually takes about 4-5 hours if using frozen rolls)
- After the have risen, take a roll and knead it into a thin rope. Starting at the pointed end of stick, start wrapping the rope around the stick. Leave enough on the end so that you can hold it.
- Place the skewer on a small casserole dish or cake pan, hanging the end off each side so that the dough is not touching the dish.
- Continue till you have all the skewers done. (Try to leave enough space between each bread stick so they can have room to rise.)
- Let rise till double in size.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- While bread sticks are cooking, put together the butter glaze by melting the butter and adding the spices.
- After pulling the sticks out of the oven, brush the butter glaze over the breadsticks.
- Now Enjoy!!!
Mama Peck says
What a fun idea!
Miz Helen says
Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Hope to see you soon!