Creamy Crock Pot Enchiladas
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: slow cooker
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- ⅔ can cream of chicken soup
- 1¼ cups sour cream
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar and
- Monterey jack cheese
- 1 small can green chilis
- 2 green onions diced
- sliced olives ( optional)
- Cook the chicken breasts and cut into small chunks. I like to cut the raw chicken breasts into chunks first and then cook the chunks in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil. However you can also boil the breast and then cut them in chunks or if you are really short for time you could buy the pre-cooked chicken chunks from any grocery store.
- In a bowl mix together cream of chicken soup, sour cream, green chilis and 1 cup of cheese.
- Add cooked chicken chunks to this mixture.
- Tear tortillas into small pieces.
- Spray the bottom of the crock pot with cooking spray and layer it with half of the tortilla strips.
- Pour and spread half of your enchilada mixture over the tortilla strips, layer with half of remaining cheese (you get to decide how cheesy you want it) and sprinkle one diced green onion over top if desired.
- Then repeat this process creating another layer of tortilla, chicken enchilada mix, remaining cheese and chives.
- For a final touch you can top it with sliced olives if desired.
Leave a Reply