Sometimes the simplest of recipes turn out to be the best! This Brown Sugar Italian chicken recipe only requires 3 ingredients, but it is amazing!
Sweet Italian Chicken for Dinner
The name of this recipe pretty much sums up the ingredients in this delicious chicken dish. Brown sugar and Italian dressing make this chicken not only easy to make, but within an hour you will have an amazing entree ready to be served up with your favorite side dish! This one is sooo good!
I love the sweet and tangy taste of this brown sugar Italian chicken recipe and it’s relatively light when you pair it with a side dish of yummy vegetables like green beans, peas or a light salad. You could even put it over rice or with potatoes, it’s that versatile!
Try this Sugar Italian Chicken Dinner Recipe Today!
Enjoy this chicken dinner recipe with family, friends or save it all for yourself!
- 3-4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 (7oz.) pkg. Italian Dressing mix
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large pan with aluminum foil, and spray it with cooking spray.
- (The brown sugar will carmelize some when cooking, so this will protect your pan)
- Rinse your chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix together the brown sugar and Italian dressing in a seperate dish.
- Dip and press the chicken into the mix making sure both sides are covered.
- Place on the lined pan.
- Sprinkle any leftover sugar mix on the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Turn the pieces over half way through cooking.
- (I used thinner chicken pieces so it was done in 45 minutes. Cook according to thickness of your chicken. Don't over cook. Thicker pieces will take the full hour.)
For another great chicken breast recipe, try our Creamy Ranch Crock Pot Chicken!
kitchen refacing ct says
Wohh just what I was looking for, appreciate it for posting.
Sugar n' Spice Gals says
Hope it turned out for you! 🙂
Is there any way to make this in a pan on the stove ? My oven broke and I made this plenty times before it broke , it tastes soooo delicious 😋
Sugar n' Spice Gals says
Ohhhh no! I don’t know what I’d do without my oven. Hopefully it gets fixed soon for you. But I’m sure you could easily do this on the stove. I would probably brown the outside of the chicken In olive oil first, then sprinkle the ingredients over the chicken and let the chicken simmer over low heat so it can absorb all the flavor. I really hope this helps 🙂
Thanks for loving this recipe and commenting.
Joan Fitzgerald says
This is a wonderful dish for a man who is very picky about his chicken..and super easy and tastes so good.
Brenda Townsend says
What would be a good side for this dish? I’ve made it in the past. Always tasty. But, I just don’t know what to make as a side. Rice doesn’t seem right. Nor does pasta. Any ideas?
Mike Lewis says
I am trying it tonight with Greek Potatoes, but mashed potatoes or a potato casserole seems like a great pairing to me.