Caramel Apple Bars
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: about 36 bars
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1 pkg. (1 lb. 1.5oz) Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apples (granny smith apples work great)
- ¾ cup caramel topping
- ¼ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Cut the butter into the cookie mix with a pastry cutter. Add the egg and mix till crumbly.
- Reserve 1½ cups of the cookie mixture and press the rest into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place the finely chopped apple on top of the crust. In a small bowl, mix the flour and caramel topping together. Drizzle over the apples. Put the rest of the cookie mixture on top.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 hours before cutting. (This is important so that they keep their form). Cut into squares of 9 rows by 4 rows.