The combination of sausage, hamburger and cheese is absolutely delicious in this cheesy baked ziti casserole.
I remember living in New Jersey years ago, and a friend of mine would always talk about her baked ziti. I am embarrassed to say that at the time I had no idea what ziti was! Well one day I had the privilege of trying her baked ziti. It was then I realized that ziti was a pasta! Ha. I was young at the time!
Since then baked ziti has been part of my recipe collection. Whenever I cook my Cheesy Ziti Bake, it always brings back fond memories of my time in New Jersey.
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 24 oz. jar Prego Spaghetti sauce
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1 lb. box of ziti
- 1½ cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Brown the hamburger and sausage together.
- Add the onion, garlic and italian seasoning and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and mix together. Set aside.
- Cook the ziti according to the package directions.
- Combine the ricotta cheese and egg together.
- In a large bowl add the cheese mixture, meat mixture and the ziti together and stir till mixed well.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish and pour the ziti mixture into the dish.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve and ENJOY!!!!