Chicken and Rice Fruit Salad
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: salad
- 4 chicken breast, cooked and cut into cubes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1½ cups diced celery
- 1½ cups red grapes
- 1 can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 lg. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. salad oil
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice concentrate (from a can)
- salt to taste
- Toast the almonds in a small nonstick pan with the sugar until the sugar dissolves and coats the almonds. Let cool.
- Combine the chicken, rice, celery, grapes, pineapple, oranges and almonds together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the salad dressing ingredients together.
- Mix the salad dressing with the salad and toss well.
Leave a Reply