She had made egg and bacon crepes with a cheese sauce, and they were so stinkin good.
While I was in New York this past month, I was reminded of how much I love crepes and how much fun they are to make. My mom and I put together a quick breakfast crepe recipe that included eggs and bacon, and my mom whipped out her cheese sauce real quick (which is my personal favorite)
I love myself some syrup in the mornings, but every now and then I enjoy a hearty breakfast filled with protein, and these cheesy egg crepes definitely provide that delicious mixture.
- 10 eggs scrambled
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Cheese Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
- Cheese Sauce:
- melt the butter and gradually stir in the flour. Slowly add milk to the flour mixture. Let cook on medium heat until it begins to thicken. Add cheese and salt, stirring continuously until the cheese is melted and you have a desired consistency.
- Roll the eggs and bacon into the crepe. Drizzle the cheese sauce over top! Serve