This is a recipe that I watched Trisha Yearwood make, and she had her own name for it, “Southern Crack”. Or it might have been Trisha Yearwood Crack Candy. Well either way, I’m not sure that is what I would call it, but I do understand her reasoning for the name, because it is very addicting! I call it simply Saltine Cracker Candy!
Saltine Cracker Candy: It’s Hard to Put Down!
With only four ingredients, who would believe this Saltine candy could be so delicious and yes addicting! I am totally in love with this Trisha Yearwood Saltine toffee and it has now become another family favorite!
This Saltine candy is a fun break from traditional cookies and brownies. If you’ve got a sweet tooth, but want to mix it up, this saltine cracker brittle is the perfect fit. So whether you’re looking for a Trisha Yearwood crack recipe or just want some delicious Saltine Cracker candy, this is the Saltine Cracker dessert for you!
If you’re looking for another delicious Candy recipe, try our Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies!
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter (2 cubes)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 8 oz. chocolate chips (about 1⅓ cups) I used milk chocolate, but you could use semi sweet also.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line one large jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
- Spray with nonstick spray and place the saltines salt side down in rows on the pan.
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil until it turns a caramel color, just a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over the saltine crackers evenly.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top evenly.
- When the chocolate chips start to melt start to spread the chocolate with a knife till it covers the top of the crackers.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Break into pieces and store in an air tight container. I keep mine in the fridge because they are so yummy cold, and they stay nice and crisp. These are best I think the next day... Sooo addicting