At our house we are big fans of peanut butter and Oreos. So when Oreo came out with peanut butter Oreos that was a pretty big deal. If you haven’t tried a peanut butter Oreo, then you need to head to the store right now. They are pretty dang amazing. And I’m almost certain that you will be obsessed with them too. Unless you hate peanut butter, which shockingly some people do.
With the love I have for peanut butter Oreos, I wanted to make some sort of tasty dessert that I could use these Oreos in. I came up with this layered peanut butter Oreo delight that was light, fluffy and rich all packed together in one delicious dessert. There are layers of fluffy whipped pudding and a delicious sweeten cream cheese layer. There was just so much goodness in this dessert that I could have eaten it all by myself, but luckily I had a party to bring it to so I didn’t over do it.
This treat was so good that I think I might have this on my next birthday rather than cake. Or maybe I’ll just make it next week since my birthday is still several months away and I don’t want to wait that long.
- 2 Packages Peanut butter Oreos
- ½ cup butter (1 cube)
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tubs of cool whip
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 3.3 oz package instant white chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- In a food processor or magic bullet crush 1 package of Oreos (You can also do this in a large ziplock bag with a rolling pin)
- Melt the butter in a medium sized bowl and then mix in the crushed Oreos to create an oreo crust.
- In a 9x13 casserole pan cover the bottom of the pan with the Oreo butter mixture and press til create an Oreo crust.
- Spread 1 cup of peanut butter over the Oreo crust.
- In a separate bowl mix the cream cheese and sugar together with a hand mixer.
- Fold in 1 tub of cool whip to the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese/cool whip mixture over the peanut butter and oreo crust.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the pudding and milk for two minutes.
- Mix in the ½ cup peanut butter and let sit in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Spread the other tub of cool whip over the top
- Top off with a layer of crushed oreos.
- Cover and let cool in the fridge for 1 hour.