What else do you do when your husband brings in a huge zucchini from the garden, but to pull out my recipe for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. I’m sure those of you who grow gardens know the difficult task of keeping up with all that zucchini. Zucchini is truly a magical vegetable that will grow double in size over night!
I guess I don’t mind that he tends to let his zucchini’s get a little large, because then I feel obligated to make something yummy out of it. Years ago I used to discard them because I thought they were too large to be any good. Not true! Grated zucchini is great for many recipes. This is one of my favorites!
I like to make this recipe in mini loaf pans and give them away as gifts to neighbors. They are the perfect size!
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour loaf pans. (5 mini loaves or 2 regular loaves)
- In a large bowl mix oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla together with a mixer.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Fold in the zucchini and then the flour.
- Add the chocolate chips, (and nuts if desired)
- Pour in loaf pans.
- Bake regular size loaf pans for 1 hour.
- Bake mini loaf pans for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then take a knife and gently go around the edges to loosen from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
Leave a Reply