I’ve always been a sucker for all the appetizers at parties. I often times find myself overdoing it parties because I often times will sit right next to the appetizers and socialize/eat. It probably is a bad habit, but it definitely leaves me satisfied with lots of yummy food and I leave the party knowing I got some great socializing done because most people make a few trips to the food bar during the party.
One of those appetizers I have always loved is Queso, especially if it’s homemade. Not much beats dipping a chip into some ooey, cheesy goodness. I love this white queso dip because of all the different cheese flavor you get in one dip. Full of my three favorite white cheeses and packed with tomatoes and a kicked of jalapenos, this is a dip that my husband and I both were obsessing over.
This spicy white queso dip is definitely on my list of appetizers for this upcoming super bowl.
- 2½ cups Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Sharp White Cheddar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 10 oz can original Rotel
- 3 tbsp Butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp chopped jalepenos
- In a large Skillet Melt the butter over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted add the milk and cream.
- Let the milk mixture heat til it starts bubbling.
- Using a whisk stir in the Pepper jack and Sharp White cheese about 1 cup at a time.
- Make sure you are continuously stirring while each cup melts.
- (Let each cup melt before adding another cup)
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes add them to the other cheese mixture. Make sure you continue to stir til all the cheese is melted.
- Drain the can of Rotel.
- When you have a creamy cheese mixture add in the Rotel, garlic powder, chili powder and diced jalepenos.
- Stir all together and let simmer over low heat for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the queso into a bowl and garnish with tomatoes, cilantro and jalepenos.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Leave a Reply