Today was another one of those days where I needed to have something ready for dinner with little fuss. I threw this in the crock pot in the morning and when I got home I only had to add the rice for the last 30 minutes of cooking. This was absolutely amazing and so easy. This not only made my life a little easier, but it was so delicious! I need more dishes like this to simplify my life so I don’t have to fuss so much over dinner all the time.
I think we can all agree that like can get crazy and a crock pot can be a life saver on those crazy, busy days when you would otherwise starve. If you are looking for a great new recipe, this Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken and Rice is one you will for sure want to file in your recipe book. It’s a keeper!
Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken and Rice
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Serves: serves 8-10
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Rotell Diced Tomatoes and Chilis
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz.) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut bite size pieces
- 1½ cups parboiled long grain white rice
- Add all ingredients except the rice to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add the rice and continue to cook for 30 more minutes.
- When serving, top with grated cheddar cheese.
Sheryl Wilson says
Does the chicken need to be cooked 1st, or goes in raw?
Sugar n' Spicegals says
The chicken doesn’t need to be cooked, it goes into the crock pot raw. Thanks for asking.