The magic about this Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup recipe is that there is little preparation and yet it is absolutely delicious! On the days that I know I am going to have little time for cooking, I can throw this into a crock pot in the morning and when I get home from work that evening, dinner is ready to go! Add tortilla chips and cheese to finish it off. This is one of my sons favorite soups, and for someone who was a picky eater growing up, that says a lot!
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Slow Cooker, Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans (not already prepared chili)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I like a lot of chicken in mine so I used 4)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed Tortilla chips
- sour cream (optional)
- In a slow cooker, place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Add the taco seasoning and mix in.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top and push down lightly to cover them with the soup.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- After the soup has finished cooking, remove the chicken and shred. Add the shredded chicken back to the soup and mix in.
- Serve with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Add a dallop of sour cream on top if you wish and garnish with avocados.
Baroque In Babylon says
This looks so good and is perfect for Fall.
Thanks for linking up this tasty looking soup at our Marvelous Monday party – pinned!