I first discovered this Taco Pie recipe 30 years ago when I was first married. I think my husband had this at least once a week because he loved it so much. I remember the first time I made it, I loved how it just cooked into a perfect pie! I think that is why it is called “Impossible” Taco Pie. My kids have actually asked me what is impossible about it! Well for me it’s because it is impossible for it to not be good! I love this Taco Pie recipe because it is so easy, but mostly because it is delicious!
Impossible Taco Pie
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Casserole, Mexican
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. miced garlic
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- 1 pkg. (1¼oz.) taco seasoning
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup bisquick baking mix
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 10-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a frying pan, cook the ground beef, onion and garlic. Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the green chilis and taco seasoning. Pour the meat into the bottom of the pie pan.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- In a bowl, whisk together the bisquick, milk and eggs. Pour over the top of the meat and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving. Top with sour cream and diced tomatoes.
(I like to double this recipe and make two pies)
Leave a Reply