Honey Walnut Shrimp
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: main dish
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined (I used frozen large shrimp, remove tails)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- CREAM SAUCE
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ Tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- (I doubled this because I love this sauce!!!)
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a large bowl and set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot and add the sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes. Drain and place the walnuts on parchment paper line cookie sheet to dry.
- In another bowl combine together flour and egg white. Mix until smooth. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat the oil and pan fry the shrimp until golden brown. Roughly 60 second per side. Then drain the excess oil off by placing on a paper towel. Toss the shrimp and walnuts in the creamy sauce mixture.
Do you use the sugar water or not? This looks so good and I’m making it for supper and I read and re-read trying to figure it out.
Sugar n' Spicegals says
Sugar water is only ussd to boil the walnuts in. This is definitely a must for the recipe. You discard the water afterwards. Hope you enjoy it!
This looks good! I’m wondering what the flour and egg white mixture are for. The ingredients say to mix them but you never specify what to do with it. Is this the coating for the shrimp? Thanks!
JoAnn Greco says
I have the same question?
What is the egg white flour mixture for??
Heather Estes says
This recipe is too lemony, I wouldnt use the lemon juice, and the flour mixture is way too thick and goopy.