Looking for something to do with some cooked chicken I had, I decided to try making some chicken puffs. I started to just throw some ingredients together and this is what I came up with. Since I love green chilis, I thought this would be perfect with the cream cheese. These Green Chili Chicken Puffs turned out absolutely DELICIOUS, and needless to say between my husband and two hungry sons, these were gone in a flash! They love the fact that I like to experiment on them! Luckily this was an experiment gone deliciously right….it doesn’t always end up that way.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed into very small pieces
- 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 oz.) can diced green chilis
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescents rolls
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Grated Mexican cheese (or cheddar jack would work)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a large cookie sheet
- Mix together the cream cheese, green chilis and chopped green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Unroll the crescents so that they are in rectangle shapes. (You will get 4 rectangles out of each can, using 2 crescents for each rectangle)
- Make sure the seams are pressed together well. Place about ¼ cup of the chicken mixture on top of the crescent rectangle. Fold over and press the edges together all around the the crescent.
- Place on the cookie sheet and cook for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mix the soup, sour cream and milk together and heat in a small saucepan.
- When ready to serve, pour the sauce over the puff and top with cheese.
Shamene Medeiros says
Yum these look really good!
Joy Hagen says
There’s no chicken on the ingredient list or instructions.