Granny Walnut Salad
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: salad
- Salad Ingredients:
- 5 cups dark leafy green salad (I used Walmart grocery's Marketside Half and Half mix)
- ¾ c Walnuts
- ⅓ c sugar
- ⅓ c parmesan cheese
- 2 large granny smith apples
- ½ c strawberries
- ½ bottle Briana's Poppy Seed dressing
- ⅓ c Red wine Vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- ⅓ c fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Crush walnuts in a plastic bag to desired size and then cook in a frying pan over medium heat with the sugar. Cook until the sugar caramelizes (turns a creamy brown color) stirring frequently as not to burn.
- Spread the caramelized walnuts out on a plate covered with a paper towel, separating them as much as possible to prevent them from all clumping together. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Cut Granny Smith apples into small bite size pieces and add to salad mixture.
- Just before serving add cooled walnuts and parmesan cheese over the top. Mix and then stir in the Strawberry poppy seed dressing
- Dressing Instructions:
- Mix ingredients in a blender and then let chill for about 30 minutes and then mix into salad. Don't add to salad until just before serving or the salad will get soggy. Also you may not need all of this dressing. Just add until all the salad is just lightly coated.
Leave a Reply