A few years ago, I came across this delicious green bean casserole recipe. It was Italian night for our family and I had gone home to cook with my mama while my husband was at school. I was trying to think of the perfect vegetable to serve with my mom’s delicious lasagna. I decided I was in the mood for a green bean casserole. As I was looking, I came across this recipe for Italian Breadcrumb Green Beans and modified it a little.
Green Bean Casserole Recipe Perfect for Thanksgiving
This green bean casserole recipe is super easy to make and is a great side for any kind of pasta or potato dish. This has become one of our favorite Thanksgiving appetizers in recent years and both my mom and sister have adopted it and added to it over the years to make it something to really look forward to.
I can’t wait to make this recipe also when my dad’s green beans that he grows in his garden are ready to be picked! I was really happy how well this bean casserole went with my mom’s lasagna!
Try Making this Green Been Casserole Recipe Today!
Italian Breadcrumb Green Beans
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
- 1.5 pounds green beans (I used frozen but you can also use fresh)
- ¼ c butter
- ½ c bread crumbs
- ½ c shredded parmesan cheese
- Boil the green beans until slightly tender, but still a little crisp.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Once the butter is melted add the bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese and then stir until browned. Careful not to burn it though.
- Add your green beans and continue to cook over medium/low heat for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and serve
For another great casserole recipe, try out our Tator Tot Casserole!