Today my son became a “Spice Guy”! Ha. He made this Easy Chicken Fried Rice recipe for us for dinner and it was FABULOUS!!! Of course he adapted the recipe from one he found on the internet. He used the recipe from therecipecritic.com website and added chicken and doubled it to make it not just a side dish but a meal in itself. I was pretty proud of his cooking skills! It goes to show that sometimes a good recipe can always work no matter who makes it! Thanks son!!We love to order Chinese Food around our house and this Chicken Fried Rice definitely met up to the competition. It is just as good or better than the stuff you can order at your local Chinese restaurant.
Easy Chicken Fried Rice
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: Serves 8
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 Tbs. sesame oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup finely choped carrots
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 green onions chopped
- ½ pound frozen fully cooked chicken strips
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat. (You can use a wok, but we didn't have one).
- Pour the sesame oil in the bottom.
- Add the white onion, peas and carrots. Saute until tender about 5 minutes.
- Push the onion, peas and carrots aside and add the slightly beaten eggs.
- Scramble the eggs with a spatula. Once the eggs are cooked, mix it with the vegetables.
- Add the rice to the vegetable and egg mix and mix in. Stir in the soy sauce and heat through.
- Add the green onions.
- You can stop here for a side dish, but to make it a meal, add the chicken.
- (He microwaved the chicken strips until they were heated through, and then diced them into smaller pieces.)