Cherry Cordial Fudge
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- (divided in half for each layer)
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. red food coloring (optional)
- ½ cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- To make the bottom layer:
- Prepare a 9x9 pan by lining it with aluminum foil. Lightly spray the foil.
- In a medium sized pan, melt the white chocolate chips, half of the sweetened condensed milk and butter together. Stir until completely smooth. Pull off the heat and add the almond extract, food coloring and maraschino cherries.
- (make sure the cherries are dried well with a paper towel)
- Pour mixture into the pan and cool completely.
- To make the top layer:
- In another pan, mix together the other half of the sweetened condensed milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips together. Heat stirring continuously until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour over the top of the bottom layer and cool completely in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, lift the aluminum foil out of pan and peel away sides. Slice into squares and serve.