Sombrero Bean Dip
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16 oz.) jar green chili salsa
- 1 (17 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- sour cream or avacado (optional)
- Sprinkle with sliced jalepenos (optional)
- In a skillet, brown the beef until crumbly. Drain off excess fat. Add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is soft. Add beans, salt, green chili salsa, and ½ cup cheese.
- Cook until hot and bubbly. Pour into a small casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Garnish with olives and green onions.
- (You could also top with sour cream, avacado and jalepenos if you like)
- Serve immediately with your favorite chips since it is best warm.
(Refrigerate left overs and reheat in microwave when ready to eat again.)