Double Chocolate Chip Cake
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12 slices
- 1 (18.25 ounce) Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup evaporated canned milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pudding mix.
- Make a well in the center and add the water, eggs and sour cream
- Beat on medium speed for about 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. (I cooked mine at 55 minutes)
- Pull out of oven and let cool. Invert cake onto a plate.
- Make the caramel sauce by combining together the brown sugar, milk, vanilla, butter and salt in medium sauce pan. Cook while whisking for about 5 minutes until it thickens. Serve warm.
- (If too thick, add a little more milk)
- Drizzle the bundt cake with the caramel sauce.
We had a pretty plyufal wedding, and our guestbook was a sketchbook on a table filled with crayons, markers, and colored pencils. We had a sign that asked the guests to leave a note or draw a picture. We got some pretty creative entries. I love the birthday calendar though! Great idea!