Oh how I loveChex Mix! Especially during the holiday season. Don’t put me in front of a bowl of chex mix if you intend for it to last. I have a bit of a difficult time keeping my hands off of it. This festive Peppermint Chex Mix recipe was a little creation of mine that combines my love for chex mix and peppermint into a yummy treat that you will not be able to take your hands off of. Just remember that I did warn you. This stuff is a bit addicting…and that is an understatement.
Peppermint Crunch Chex Mix
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Christmas Dessert
- 1 box of Rice Chex cereal
- ½ cup salted butter (1 cube)
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ package perppermint oreos
- 4-5 candy canes crushed
- 1 bag of Peppermint M & Ms (optional)
- ½ cup of peanuts (optional)
- First put your candy canes in a plastic ziplock bag and crush them with something heavy (eg a hammer or a can). Then do the same thing with the oreos in a seperate ziplock bag.
- Once both of these are crushed to your desired size pour the crushed candy cane and oreo as well as the chex cereal into a large bowl (If you have a large bowl with a secure lid and room for shaking you will save yourself an extra step)
- Put the white chocolate chips and the butter in a bowl and cook for 1 minute. Take out and stir and then cook again for 30 second increments stirring in between til you get a smooth consistancy. (Every microwave may vary slightly) Once you have it to the desired consistency drizzle evenly over contents of Chex mix and then stir it up to distribute it evenly. ( you may want to do half and then stir, and then pour the second half on and stir again)
- Once you have mixed it well sprinkle your powdered sugar on and put a secure lid on your bowl and shake to coat it evenly with powdered sugar. If you do not have a large bowl with a lid, you can do this part in a large freezer bag ( it may take 2 freezer bags though).
- To top it off you can add the peanuts and Peppermint M & Ms if you'd like. I really like the sweet and salty together, so the peanuts were the perfect addition for me.