Avocado and Black Eyed Pea Salsa
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 avocados, ripe but firm, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (15oz) can black eyed peas
- ½ white onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the avacados, corn, peas, onion, tomatoes and cilantro together in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, cumin and galic till blended well.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving to blend all the flavors together.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, and ENJOY!!!