Omelet In a Bag
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped ham or 2 cooked slices of bacon crumbled.
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp. onion chopped
- Salt and pepper
- (you could also add green peppers, mushrooms, olives etc.)
- Fill a pan half full of water, (3 quart pan for three omelets). Bring water to a boil.
- While water is heating, mix omelet together by doing the following:
- In a quart sized ziploc baggie, combine eggs, ham or bacon, onion, cheese and add a couple of shakes of salt and pepper.
- Squish all the ingredients together and close the ziploc bag completely making sure there is no air in the bag.
- Boil in water for 13 minutes.
- Pull out of water carefully. Unzip the baggie and slide onto a plate.
- We like to serve ours with salsa.
- It's crazy how easy and delicious this turns out!
- (Each baggie would make one omelet) You can cook more then one in a pot as long as you have the right size pot of boiling water.)
FOR NUTRITIONAL VALUE AND MORE FUN RECIPES, CLICK ON THE MAGIC BUTTON!