Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Cookies
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 box red velvet Cake mix
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- (at room temp)
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all Cookie ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer. Once it is formed take the dough and roll it out into a long snake (time for all that fun playing with play dough as a kid to really pay off) Make sure it is evenly thick throughout and about 12 inches long.
- Wrap the finished cookie dough log in wax paper and then plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the dough log out of the refrigerator and cut into circles about ¼-1/2 half inches wide (depending on how big you want your cookies). Make sure you cut with a sharp knife.
- Take each individual circle and place about 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes.
- Frost and sandwich 2 cookies together. You can buy a vanilla or cream cheese frosting at the store and use that or use our recipe for cream cheese frosting
- Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions:
- In a bowl cream butter with a hand mixer and then add softened cream cheese, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Then add powdered sugar (3-4 cups depending on the consistency of frosting you desire). Spread on cooled cookies