Chicken Mushroom Florentine
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Main
- 4 chicken half breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic (I used the minced garlic that you can buy in a jar, 1 tsp. equals 2 cloves garlic)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¼ cup onion chopped (optional)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 4.5 oz. pkg. Alfredo Sauce mix
- 2 Tbsp. Pesto
- 1 8 oz. pkg. Penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp. grated Romano Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. (If adding onion, sauté it at the same time.) Add the chicken and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side until not pink in the middle. Add the mushrooms and spinach and sautee for about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the alfredo sauce by following the package directions. (I used the Knorr brand and added 1¾ cups milk, 1 Tbsp. butter and cooked till it starts to thicken.)
- Cook Penne pasta in boiling salt water for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Add the chicken and alfredo sauce to the pasta and toss well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the grated Romano Parmesan cheese, and ENJOY!!!
- From start to finish, this should take you less than and hour!