9th day of of our 30 Days of Christmas Countdown
Coconut Snowball Cookies
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: cookies
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips or chocolate bar
- 2 cups shredded, sweetened coconut
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugars together till fluffy. Add coconut extract and mix in well.
- Combine flour and salt and gradually add into butter mixture until just combined.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook in a preheated 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring occasionally till smooth. (Add a tsp of veg. oil if chocolate does smooth out enough)
- Dip top of cookie into chocolate and then press into coconut.
- Put cookies in fridge to set the chocolate.