Fall is in the air and with it comes everything pumpkin. I love just about anything with pumpkin in it and this Sour Cream Pumpkin Bread is one of my favorites. I sometimes go a little crazy with the pumpkin, but I have found that most of my family doesn’t seem to mind at all. In fact, they’ve seemed to embrace the pumpkin craze with me – especially this pumpkin bread recipe!
I love adding sour cream to my bread recipes because it not only tastes good but it tends to make the bread moist. This Sour Cream Pumpkin bread can be made ahead of time and frozen if you like so you can pull it out at a later time, warm it up and enjoy a delicious piece of bread anytime.
Sour Cream Pumpkin Bread for the Season
In the fall, this pumpkin bread recipe has become one of our family favorites. Whether the kids or grand kids have been out playing in leaves, just got back from a corn maze, or are about to head out on Halloween night, Sour Cream Pumpkin Bread has been a tradition to warm us all up and get us into the spirit of the season.
For other great pumpkin recipes, try our Pumpkin Spice Swig Sugar Cookies!
- 2 cubes of butter, softened (1 cup)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 9 x 5 loaf pans. (Any loaf pan around that size will work just fine)
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin and sour cream and blend well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the mixture and mix together on low speed.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean.
- Cool in pan about 10 minutes.
- Lightly run a knife around the edges of pan to help from sticking.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack.
- (If you want to freeze them, wrap them well in cellophane after they have completely cooled and place in freezer)