My family has always been obsessed with Oreos and any dessert that has Oreos in it. Oreo shake, Oreo cupcakes, Oreo cheesecake, Oreo pie, you name it and if it has Oreos in it, and I’m certain we’d all be obsessed. So of course I’m always looking for new ways to use Oreos in some sort of yummy treat. A few months back I came up with my Peanut Butter Oreo Delight recipe on our blog, and everyone that tried it was raving about it. I mean lets get real though, Oreos and peanut butter combined into one dessert is a no-brainer.
With the peanut butter Oreo dessert being such a big hit, I figured why not a mint Oreo dessert. I do love myself some mint chocolate flavor, and this Layered Mint Oreo dessert delivers all the mint chocolate flavor I love and more. Layered with mint Oreos, chocolate pudding and a yummy mint cream cheese layer, this dessert no doubt is a new favorite at our house. It’s perfect for the holidays with it’s green minty layer,. It’s also refreshing for summer BBQs, with its light and cool flavors, and can make a a great appearance at any Easter or St. Patrick’s Day party this year.
Don’t doubt the deliciousness of this Mint Oreo Layered Dessert because I’m certain if you are a fan of mint Oreos, then you will definitely be a fan of this treat.
- 15.25 oz package of Mint Oreos
- 2 8 oz tubs of Cool Whip
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 5.9 oz box of instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups cold milk (For pudding mix)
- ¼ cup melted butter (1/2 a cube)
- ½ tsp mint or peppermint extract
- Using a magic bullet or food processor, crush 2½ rows of the Oreos until they become a nice powder. (Set aside ½ of a row for the top layer)
- Put the oreos in a medium size bowl and mix in the melted butter. Stir till the butter is completely mixed in with the Oreo crumbs.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and press the Oreo crumbs into the bottom of the pan making an oreo crust.
- Place the Oreo crust in the fridge to cool while preparing the other layers.
- Prepare the Chocolate pudding according to package and let cool in the fridge.
- In a medium size bowl mix the cream cheese and sugar together with a hand mixer. Blend until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add 6-8 drops of green food coloring and ½ a tsp of mint extract.
- Blend with the hand mixer til the cream cheese is completely green. (You can add more food coloring if the green isn't dark enough)
- Fold in the cool whip and stir til the green is completely mixed in.
- Take the crust out and spread the cream cheese layer over the Oreo crust.
- Remove the pudding from the fridge and spread it over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Cover with a tub of cool whip.
- Crush up the remaining Oreos and sprinkle over the top.
- Let sit in the fridge for 30 mins before serving.