I grew up eating “Pigs in a blanket” in my house. My mom grew up in the south, and we would make them with sausage and biscuits. Sometimes our pigs in a blanket would consist of hot dogs wrapped in crescents.
But when I want something for an appetizer I use “little smokies’. So needless to say I love these Little Smoky Crescents because they are just a little fancier version of my childhood pigs in a blanket.
These make a perfect appetizer, however I found when I make these they tend to get gobbled up pretty fast. Dip them in a yummy dipping sauce and these will for sure be the hit at your holiday party.
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescents
- 24 little smokies
- Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup Chili Sauce
- ¼ cup grape jelly
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly spray an aluminum foil lined cookie pan with vegetable spray.
- Cut each triangle crescent in to thirds length wise.
- Wrap the little smoky in the cut crescent.
- Place seam side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While they are cooking make the dipping sauce.
- Combine the chili sauce and grape jelly together in a small pan.
- Whisk until smooth and is heated through.
- Pour into a little bowl for dipping.