Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups flour
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- ⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Fold in the zucchini and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. (For thinner brownies, pour into a well greased cake sheet pan, but you will need to watch the cooking time which will be a little less.)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Make the frosting by melting the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwaveable bowl for about 50 seconds. Watch carefully, by checking at 30 seconds and stirring the chocolate.
- Spread over the brownies and let completely cool.
G’day! Love adding veggies to desserts, true!
Your recipe and photo makes me feel like I can have my brownie and enjoy the healthiness too; viewing as part of Food Friends Friday Party too!
Binomial Baker says
LOVE this! It’s my host favorite for this week at Foodie Friends Friday!
Marsha Baker says
Looks mighty tasty! Great recipe and photo!
Tiff Shreve says
The recipe list does not have the number of eggs to add…how many?
Sugar n' Spicegals says
Thanks for letting us know. 2 eggs!! We went ahead and edited it.