Sweet Pork Soup
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: soup
- 1 3-4 lb pork roast or tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 2 cups salsa
- 2½ cups brown sugar
- 1 20 oz bottle coca cola
- 2 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can corn
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime
- Grated Monterey jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Trim the fat off the pork. Put the pork in a large crock pot.
- Add the brown sugar, salsa and coca cola.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- After pork has cooked, take the pork out and shred.
- Add the pork back to the crock pot. If you need more liquid, add a little more coca cola.
- Add the beans, cilantro, corn (undrained), and cooked rice.
- Heat through by cooking on low for another ½ hour.
- To serve, dish up a big bowl, squeeze some lime into it, top with grated cheese.
- Serve with Tortilla chips, (I like to crush them on top), and mmmmmmm, amazingly delicious!!!
Click on the magic button for nutritional values and more fun recipes!!!