I love Rice Krispies Treats. I love them with chocolate on top. I love them with peanut butter mixed in. I love them the normal way. One of my favorite Rice Krispies Treats that I’ve made is our peppermint Krispie treats. They are the most perfect treat for Christmas time. Well, it’s not Christmas time quite yet, but it is fall and everything pumpkin spice is a great idea for this time of year.
I was making dinner for a friend who had just had surgery and needed a dessert that would be great for her two little boys. I’m pretty sure most kids love Rice Krispies Treats, so I came up with this pumpkin spice rice krispie treat dessert. They tasted fabulous. Even my husband who doesn’t love pumpkin spice couldn’t stop eating them. My little niece, who is 3 was obsessed with this treat. So needless to say, I think this treat is one that is perfect for any age.
I would have to say my most favorite part about making this pumpkin spice rice krispies treats would have to be how easy they are to make. I seriously made them in under 10 minutes. Anything that I can make in the kitchen under ten minutes and have it still taste delicious, is my type of treat.
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 package miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 5-10 drops yellow food coloring
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the butter in the microwave.
- After the butter is melted, pull it out of the microwave and add the package of marshmallows.
- Place back in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pull out and stir and put back in the microwave for another 30-45 seconds.
- Pull out and stir the melted marshmallows.
- Add the pumpkin extract, and food coloring. Stir til all mixed together and makes a light orange marshmallow mixture.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and press the Rice Krispie mixture into the pan.
- Let cool.
- In a small bowl add the white chocolate chips and oil.
- Melt in the microwave for 1 to 1½ mins. (Make sure you pull out and stir every 20-30 seconds.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of your rice krispies treats.
- Let cool til chocolate is hardened.
- Cut into squares