As many of you already know, Oreo has a billion different types of flavors and they just keep coming out with more and more. I’m sure these pumpkin Oreos have been around during the holidays for quite sometime, but this year was my first time trying them. I had no idea I was going to like this flavor of Oreo as much as I did. I seriously would have zoomed through the whole package in less than a day, but I had to stop myself because I had a recipe to make.
I am a big fan of Oreo cupcakes, chocolate or vanilla. Both are absolutely delicious. Well, I just had to give these pumpkin Oreos a shot at becoming a cupcake, and they turned out tasting absolutely divine. I thought maybe I would have to add some extra pumpkin to the batter, but the Oreo’s frosting gave it just enough pumpkin flavor to make these cupcakes have that tasty pumpkin flavor. I usually would add Oreo’s to the frosting as well, but on this recipe I decided to make a cream cheese cinnamon frosting, and the frosting ended up being the perfect match to these cupcakes. They were so moist, fluffy and packed with that pumpkin flavor we all love during this time of year.
These pumpkin Oreo cupcakes definitely are a bit of a twist on your traditional pumpkin recipes, but just enough of a twist to switch things up and still get all that delicious pumpkin flavor.
- 1 package pumpkin Oreo's (I found the package at Target)
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 24 cupcake liners
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup softened butter (not melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large zip lock bag crush the Oreo's into small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, butter, and milk.
- Mix in the Oreo's (I made sure I scraped all the frosting off the side of the bag for the pumpkin flavor)
- Line your cupcake pan.
- Fill each cupcake liner ⅔ of the way full.
- Place the cupcakes in the oven for 16 mins.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- In a medium sized bowl use a hand mixer to blend the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla and mix.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time while mixing together.
- Blend til thick and creamy.
- Frost your cooled cupcakes.
Leave a Reply