Green Bean Pasta Salad
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: salad
- 12 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound thin fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 (8oz.) package penne pasta
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
- ⅓ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- (I always cut my bacon into small pieces before I cook it, that way it is pretty much the right size)
- Cook beans in boiling salted water 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Plunge the beans into ice water to stop the cooking process so they stay crisp.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Mix together the pasta, beans, grapes, onion, pasta and bacon in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and salt. Pour over the salad and toss well.
- Season with more salt if needed. Cover and chill 3 hours
Leave a Reply