One of my favorite things about fall is enjoying all the pumpkin desserts that we make. I seriously never tire of eating anything with pumpkin in it. That’s why there are so many pumpkin recipes on our blog. This Gooey Pumpkin Cake recipe is among my favorites. I have several versions that I use with a yellow cake mix and pumpkin, but I found this one from Paula Dean a while ago and I have to say this one is the best! This cake is moist and I find it is best if you serve it a little warm with a big dallop of whip cream on top or Vanilla ice cream! YUMMM!!!
We are so excited to get our Pumpkin on this year, with this recipe and many more delicious pumpkin treats. Delicious pumpkin recipes such as this Gooey Pumpkin Cake are one of the many reasons we love this season so much.
Gooey Pumpkin Cake
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Cake
- 1 (18¼oz.) yellow cake mix
- Gooey Pumpkin Cake
- 8 Tbsp. (1 cube) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, 8 Tbs. butter and egg. (I actually used my mixer to do this)
- Lightly spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and pat the cake mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the filling by first mixing the pumpkin and cream cheese together till smooth.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, butter and beat together.
- Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg and powdered sugar.
- Pour over the top of the cake mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. (It will depend on your oven, I cooked mine for 50 minutes) Don't over cook, you want it to not be completely set in the middle.
- Let it cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Add a big scoop of whip cream on top and ENJOY!!!
Julie Corbisiero says
Hi, this looks so good and I would love to try this recipe. I saw it on FFF.
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com
Miz Helen says
Your Gooey Pumpkin Cake would be great with my afternoon tea. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great weekend!
Come Back Soon,
Joanne DiPalo says
This gooey pumpkin cake sounds delicious and I’m adding it to my fall baking list — it’s looks sooooo good. Thanks for sharing this with Foodie Friends Friday.
Sami Bookout says
Looks yummy! Pinning!!!
Did anybody for real try it???
Do you store in the fridge? I accidentally forgot the 2nd stick of butter in the filling and used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and it was still delicious! Can do w/o all that butter anyway! 🙂 I love this recipe!